Hi everyone! Recently I’ve been nominated for the Unique Blogger Award. Originally, I started blogging here as an assignment for an English class, but it has ended up being an activity that I’ve grown to cherish dearly. I started this experience with a sense of self-doubt and worrying that the thoughts that I wrote down would come off as directionless, but I’ve met some really nice and supportive people on WordPress who’ve really encouraged me a lot. It’s nice having a creative outlet where I can openly voice my opinions and also hear the stories and life experiences of others, this site has really helped me to step out of my shell as a writer and I’m very grateful. I’d like to say thank you to Michel over at Raistlin0903 for nominating me. He has a wonderful blog with interesting insight regarding books, movies, and TV shows. Check his blog out. ^-^
•Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you
•Answer the questions
•In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award
•Ask them three questions
What are 3 items on your bucketlist?
- I enjoy looking at the sky whenever the stars are out, it just puts me at ease and all of my worries just go away temporarily. I’d like to see the Northern Lights.
- I’d like to see the Great Pyramids of Giza. One of my current classes is archaeology, and while I don’t consider myself an expert in this field, I do value the importance of finding and preserving artifacts and sites from ancient times since those items probably do bear cultural value to a lot of people. And I love to see cultural societies continue to flourish rather than burn out into oblivion.
- I’d love to visit the Philippines again one day. I was born there, but have lived in the States for most of my life. It’d be a great opportunity to reconnect with family members from my toddler years, and maybe reawaken memories that I’ve forgotten a long time ago.
If you could meet any three people, alive or dead, who would they be?
- You probably might have guessed this already, but I love anime. And I’m sure some of you have had a fantasy or a dream of meeting a celebrity or notable figure at some point in time. I’d love to have a brief chance encounter with Hayao Miyazaki and say “hi” and just tell him how much his anime films mean to me.
- I’d also love to meet Alan Moore. Before reading Watchmen, I’m ashamed to say that I did sort of disregard comic books as a literary medium since most stories felt like they were just escapism rather than challenging conventions. But Watchmen changed my perception of comics since the narrative isn’t told through rose-colored glasses, and it does tackle a lot of harrowing topics such as, human nature, the Cold War, and how the events that happen in our lives do shape our overall outlook on the world.
- One other person I’d love to meet if I could would be Manny Pacquiao. I just find his journey to where he’s at now to be very inspiring. He grew up in the slums of the Philippines, but he went on to be one of the best boxers in the world. While I do think we are sort of a product of our environments, I think it is possible for someone to do great things in their lives even if they came from a pretty cruel and inhospitable background.
What would you do if you would win the lottery?
Boy, oh boy. I guess I would buy a house in the woods. I do love walking in a city environment, but all of the constant noises and lights sometimes get under my skin. Then I’d probably donate a good chunk of it away. I’d want to try to use the exuberant amount of money to help out others in need rather than buy something out of impulse or self-gratification. I guess I would probably use some of it to binge on books or movies that I’ve been interested in but have held back on for various reasons.
- Dominic Cuthbert
- Jamie Wu
- If you were given the task to handle the soundtrack for a Sci-Fi TV show, what kind of music would you use?
- If their is any book that hasn’t gotten a movie adaptation but would love to see one get made, which one would it be?
- Is their any particular book you wouldn’t want to see get adapted into a movie?